Earle A. Rainwater Memorial Library
124 9th Avenue SW
Childersburg, AL 35044
Telephone: (256) 378-7239
Fax: (256) 378-7287
ON YOUR MARK, GET SET, READ
June 6th marks the library's official kickoff to this year's Summer Reading Program entitled "On Your Mark, Get Set, Read". This year the program focuses more on physical activity (particularly outside) than it has in the past.
Books read by the kids can also be focused on physical activity to go along with this theme. However, there are plenty of other books the kids can read. Children must read books on their reading level during the summer reading program. Prizes will be awarded at the end of the program to the children who read the most. A Fun Day is scheduled for June 24th for the children to participate in activities inside and outside the library.
Registration will begin this month (May) for the Book Club and for our annual Multiplication Class. Please see Mrs. Gloria to sign your child up as soon as you can.
ALABAMA AND AUBURN T-SHIRTS
We are currently selling Alabama and Auburn T-shirts to help support the American Cancer Society. The theme this year is "Our Goal Is to Kick Out Cancer."
Short sleeve shirts are $15 and long sleeves are $20.
Orders must be placed and payment is expected at that time.
Haunted Talladega County
written by local authors, Kim Johnston and Jane Busby.
The books are $20.00 each. Call the library for more information.
NOW FEATURING THE ARTWORK OF
- Library Hours are Monday thru Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and
Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Library cards are free. The only requirement is that the patron must have a drivers license or photo id.
- Copies: .25 per page (black and white) 1.00 per page (color)
Scans: 1.00 per page
E-mails: 1.00 per page
Fax # (256) 378-7287 - 1.00 per page to send and receive
- E-books: Directions and tutorials for our e-book collection are on the website. There is no charge to access our e-book collection. A patron needs only to choose the respective library and enter their library card number.
- To Use Our Fax Services:
(1) Have a Correct Fax Number, Incorrect Numbers Cost the Library Money. A Dollar Fee for Numbers That Are Answered.
(2) Fax Number Will Be Tried a Maximum of 3 Times.
(3) Fax Will Be Resent Only 1 Time When Recipient Claims They Did Not Receive Information.
- NO GAMES ON COMPUTERS. NO FACEBOOK OR OTHER SITES DEEMED INAPPROPRIATE BY LIBRARY STAFF. NO USING PERSONAL COMPUTERS NEAR THE LIBRARY COMPUTERS. WE DO NOT HAVE CHANGE FOR ANYTHING OVER A 10 DOLLAR BILL.